This is a list of my most used keyboard shortcuts and actions in Altium Designer. Coming from a much simpler software such as Eagle CAD, some of them took me a while to figure out. I will keep updating this post periodically with new stuff.
Keyboard shortcuts (PCB)
- J , L : Jump to location, press intro after introducing the coordinates.
- Q : Switch between mm/inches.
- Ctrl + M : Measure distance between two points.
- 2 / 3 : Switch board view to 2D/3D mode.
- G : Pop up Snap Grid menu.
- Ctrl + Click on a net : Select everything connected to that net.
- Tab : Pop up properties dialog of the placing component/routing line.
- Space / Shift + Space : Rotate components and cycle through routing options.
- Shift + R : Cycle routing modes (ignore, avoid or push obstacle).
- + / - : Switch to previous/next layer when routing.
- M , C : Select a component from the list to move it.
- L : Flip component.
- Ctrl + Shift + Left Click : Set current mouse position as the dx,dy center.
- Ctrl + Mouse wheel : Zoom in/out.
- Shift + Hold Right Click : Move to rotate board in 3D view.